The fungal collection consists of c. 41 000 specimens from the Nordic countries (mainly southern Sweden) and 22 000 specimens from the rest of the world.
The ongoing survey of fungi in the province of Skåne produces a considerable amount of new collections each year from more than twenty collectors. The collections are also used by The Swedish Taxonomy Initiative and in the work on a checklist of Swedish fungi.
All Nordic fungi except Pucciniomycotina and Ustilaginomycotina have already been databased. This is also the case for our important collection of oomycetes, particularly the genus Peronospora. The oomycetes are not related to fungi, but traditionally treated as fungi in herbaria.
- Olof Andersson (1912-1995), macrofungi from southern Sweden.
- Harry Christofferson (1891-1970), Uredinales, Ustilaginales (rusts and smuts).
- Arne Gustavsson (1927-2013), Oomycetes, mainly Peronospora (downy mildews).
- Carl Hammarlund (1884-1965), Uredinales, Ustilaginales (rusts and smuts).
- Ernst Ljungström (1854-1943), Uredinales, Ustilaginales (rusts and smuts).
Telephone: 046-222 89 66
E-mail: Ulf.Arup [at] biol.lu.se